Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pasadena mom launches campaign against the 'choking game


By Courtney Zubowski / 11 News
Vickie Morgan never thought she'd be obsessed with the on-line social networking website known as Facebook. That is until the long-time Pasadena ISD school board member’s daughter, Jenny, 17, died.

"It's the worst pain that a mother can go through,” said Vickie Morgan. "I walked over to her and I said, ‘Jenny,’ and when I did I touched her and I said, ‘Jenny. My God, my God, what has happened’”?

Jenny Morgan, a senior at Pasadena Memorial High School, died in December.

Vickie Morgan believes the “choking game” cost her teenage daughter her life.

"We fully believe Jenny was doing it for peer pressure. She wanted to be accepted," said the teen’s mother.

To play the choking game you 'choke' someone or 'choke' yourself. After a short time, you pass out.

Experts say that some teens do it for a brief 'high.' The CDC reports that nearly 100 people have died from playing this deadly game.

Read the full story HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome - just remember this is a family blog so keep it clean.

Your BEST business option!

Begin your search here:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Chron TV